We are thrilled to introduce you to our newest Nashville Baby Guide member, meet Williamson Health! Williamson Health is located conveniently right off of I-65 in Franklin and provides the best possible health care for women, babies and more in Middle Tennessee. They recently opened a brand new postpartum area and there are so many new additions coming soon! Keep reading to see why Williamson Health is a fantastic choice for bringing your baby into this world & more!
Tell us about Williamson Health! How long have you been in business?
Andrew: Since 1958, we have built our reputation on a tradition of authenticity and exceptional care. We not only treat our patients’ physical needs, but we also care for them with compassion and respect. By combining extraordinary medical expertise and facilities with an environment where people are truly valued, we strive for a superior experience with every patient interaction. Today, Williamson Health is better equipped than ever before to serve your needs having been named one of the best hospitals in the nation for obstetrics, NICU and maternal care. Williamson Medical Center – the flagship regional hospital of Williamson Health in Franklin – is also home to a brand new state-of-the-art postpartum space that opened in June 2023 with more exciting additions to our OB and NICU on the way in the coming months.
What made you want to work with families and babies?
Andrew: Delivering babies is such a joy, and one of the things we’re most known for. We are incredibly proud of our staff of OB and NICU doctors and nurses, and they are some of the most beloved folks in our organization. We are proud to offer world-class OB/NICU services to all of Williamson County and beyond. One of our favorite things about being out at community events is having families come up and introduce us to their kids who were born at Williamson Medical Center.
What is the philosophy behind your Williamson Health?
Andrew: No matter their role or title, all Williamson Health staff are working hard toward the singular goal of achieving our mission to provide high-quality, compassionate care to the communities we serve. As an integral part of that pursuit, we are committed to maintaining these standards:
• We will respect the needs and value the dignity of every individual, including our patients, employees, physicians and our partners.
• We will combine clinical expertise with human compassion.
• We will demonstrate integrity and stewardship to earn the trust and support of residents and employers within the communities we serve.
• We will promote the health and total wellbeing of all people by providing access to necessary healthcare services, regardless of ability to pay.
• We will create customer value through a commitment to deliver clinical quality, customer service and cost efficiency in every service line we offer.
Additionally, you might hear or see “Kindness Matters” on our campus. This is our reminder to everyone who comes through the doors that mutual respect, compassion and teamwork are all critically important to the healthcare journey. Our goal is to maintain an environment where it’s possible for our staff to continually do their best. We hope to inspire our friends and neighbors to join us in ensuring that kindness is at the heart of our community, and we pledge to offer the same compassion and kindness in return.
What are your strengths compared to other health centers?
Andrew: Williamson Health has been named a national leader in Women’s Services and Obstetrics by the Women’s Choice Awards ® – America’s trusted referral source for the best in healthcare – seven years running. By earning the awards, it signifies Williamson Health places among the top 10% in the United States of 4,729 hospitals offering these services. While Williamson Health has always had talented employees and top-notch technology to aid new parents, we are also currently in the process of a historic expansion and renovation that will complement our award-winning obstetrics unit and family-centered approach. In June 2023, Williamson Medical Center opened its brand-new postpartum unit, and more additions and upgrades are on the way for the OB and NICU unit.
What attracts parents to work with you?
Andrew: Not only is award-winning care important, but the manner we go about care for new parents throughout an emotional time in their lives is just as important in our eyes. When you choose to have your baby with Williamson Health, you can feel confident you’ll be getting the best care possible for both you and your child. Our award-winning NICU ensures Williamson Medical Center is well equipped for high-risk births, including multiples and births with complications, so you can trust you and your baby are in good hands. In addition to providing the best possible medical care for you and your baby, we do everything we can to make sure the experience is safe and memorable for the entire family. We encourage a strong partnership between your family and our team of medical providers and do our best to accommodate your preferences and desires whenever possible.
What are some cool new and innovative trends you’ve seen in your area of expertise?
Andrew: We at Williamson Health are proud to have built our new space with the design and leadership expertise of women across the board from our administrative team and development partners. With this group leading the project, our space includes modern updates like:
• 11 new welcoming postpartum rooms.
• A beautiful and bright color palette to encourage healing.
• Spacious rooms for family and friends to visit mother and baby.
• Functional, mom-friendly bathroom with walk-in shower, sink, toilet and shelves.
• Bigger, folding sofa for birthing partners to relax and lay down.
• New reclining rockers and recovery beds.
• In-room workstation, chair and wi-fi.
• State-of-the-art, 55-inch TVs doubling as an electronic whiteboard.
• Ability to easily cast favorite content to the TV.
• Now on tap: movies, meditation and white noise choices.
• A brand-new nursery with private lactation space for nursing mothers.
• Oversized nursery viewing window with big step for little visitors.
•Enhanced education space for childbirth and breast-feeding classes.
Is there anything else you’d like to share about Williamson Health?
Andrew: Williamson Health is nationally recognized for its award-winning care in women’s health and obstetrics, but we’re also a place patients can come and trust they’re getting quality care close to where they live without having to deal with the hassle of downtown facilities.
Our facilities are equipped with:
• 30 state-of-the-art operating rooms, including robotic assisted surgeries.
• The accredited Turner-Dugas Breast Health Center.
• Top-tier cardiology center.
• Comprehensive inpatient and emergency services for adult and pediatric patients.
• The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital Vanderbilt at Williamson Medical Center.
• Exceptional orthopedic care at the Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee.
Our regional health system provides top-quality care through 2,100 compassionate and hard-working staff members, more than 860 highly skilled physicians and advanced care providers, and more than 60 specialties and subspecialties covering most everything you need. Combining that with our deep roots going back to the 1950s, we have built our reputation on a tradition of authenticity and exceptional care that’s accessible when you need it.
Thank you so much to Andrew and the Williamson Health team for helping us get to know you and what you’re all about! Follow Williamson Health over on Instagram and also be sure to check out their vendor profile! We are so glad you got to meet Williamson Health today!
Nashville Baby Guide Directory Members
The below businesses are a part of the Nashville Baby Guide business directory. Visit their portfolios to learn more and inquire about their services.